Battery swapping involves simply exchanging discharged batteries for charged ones and allowing battery usage and EV charging to be de-linked. This can significantly lower upfront costs, range anxiety and the need for large spaces for setting up EV charging stations.
As part of RW Roundtable series on EV Charging, Renewable Watch organised a webinar on May 23, 2022 to provide an understanding of the opportunities and challenges in the adoption of battery swapping models in India, against the backdrop of the recent draft Battery Swapping Policy launched by NITI Aayog.
The speakers included:
- Atul Arya, Head, Energy System Division, Panasonic India
- Sohinder Gill, CEO, Hero Electric
- Maxson Lewis, Founder and MD, Magenta Power
- Ravindra Mohan, Director (Business & Strategy), CHARGE+ZONE
- Randheer Singh, Director – E Mobility and Senior Team Member for Advanced Chemistry Cell Program, NITI Aayog