NTPC plans to procure 5 per cent equity stake in PXIL

NTPC Limited is planning to procure a 5 per cent equity stake in Power Exchange of India Limited, which facilitates several electricity trading options. This decision was made in light of the government’s objective to grow the share market to 25 per cent of total electricity supply in India by 2023-24.

The Power Ministry formed an expert panel that advocated increasing the scale of short-term power trading from approximately 5 per cent now to 25 per cent by 2023-24. Reportedly, the Ministry of Power is evaluating the expert panel’s advice, which was submitted in October 2021. According to the Central Electricity Regulatory Commission, the share of short-term market accounted for 10 per cent of the total electricity procured in 2019-20. Discoms procured the remaining 90 per cent of total power supply through long-term contracts and short-term intra-state transactions.

In December 2021, NTPC Limited issued a request for proposals for three year operation and maintenance of its 260 MW solar project in Rajasthan’s Bhadla Solar Park. As of the bid opening date, the bidder must have completed a contract to install and commission at least one grid-connected solar project with a capacity of 150 MW or higher. The bid submission deadline is January 19, 2022.

GET ACCESS TO OUR ARTICLES

Enter your email address