NVVN issues tender to consultants to assess the feasibility of rooftop systems at airports

NTPC Vidyut Vyapar Nigam (NVVN) has invited bids from consultants to assess the potential and feasibility of ground-mounted and rooftop solar capacities for airports managed by the Airports Authority of India (AAI). NVVN aims to select consultants with expertise in rooftop solar installations. They will be required to carry out site visits, conduct detailed assessments of rooftop and land area suitable for rooftop or ground-mounted solar systems at the site, and undertake a power requirement and captive consumption study. The sites listed are Aurangabad, Kangra, Tiruchirapalli, Madurai, Prayagraj, Leh, Salem, Tuticorin, Amritsar, and Jabalbur. There is no earnest money deposit specified under the tender and the last date to submit bids is March 22, 2021.

Selected bidders must submit a draft assessment report to the NVVN within 25 days from when the contract is awarded. Once submitted, 70 per cent of the price will be released. After the NVVN submits its comments on the draft report, and the selected bidder must furnish the final report within five days. The remaining 30 per cent of the payment will be made on receipt of the final report.

Airports across the country like Chennai, Hyderabad, and Kochi have been adding solar capacities to power their operations. In November 2020, the AAI signed a memorandum of understanding with the NVVN to set up solar power facilities in the country. The NVVN, in February 2021, invited bids to set up 2 MW of grid-connected ground-mounted solar projects at Agartala in Tripura.

GET ACCESS TO OUR ARTICLES

Enter your email address