The Central Electricity Regulatory Commission (CERC) has issued draft regulations for deviation settlement mechanism and related matters for the year 2018. This will be the fourth amendment to the regulations which had been first issued in 2014.
Below are some of the measures suggested by CERC to maintain grid security:
- Forecasting and power procurement planning by the utilities should be improved.
- Area Control Error should also be monitored along with deviations.
- A ‘gate closure’ concept should be introduced for better optimization of the scheduled despatches.
- The DSM price vector should be linked to the existing market discovered prices in the day-ahead market.
- The number of time slots should be increased in the power exchange market to provide adequate opportunities for participants.
CERC has invited comments or suggestions from stakeholders on these draft regulations till July 31, 2018. The amended regulation will come into effect from September 1, 2018.