As per information given by union minister of renewable energy and power Mr R.K Singh in the Rajya Sabha, Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE), Government of India has entered into various agreements with foreign countries to promote bilateral cooperation in the field of renewable energy. Since 2022, MNRE has signed the following memorandums of understanding or joint declarations of intent and letters of intent (LoI).
- A LoI on new and renewable energy technology cooperation was signed between MNRE and the Ministry of Industry, Energy and Emissions Reduction, Government of Australia
- A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on cooperation in the field of renewable energy was signed between MNRE and the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment of the Republic of Finland.
- A joint declaration of intent (JDI) on the Indo-German green hydrogen task force was signed between the MNRE and the Ministry for Economic Affairs and Climate Action (BMWK) of the Federal Republic of Germany on May 2, 2022.
- A JDI regarding renewable energy partnership was signed between the MNRE and the Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development of the Federal Republic of Germany
- A MoU to promote discussion and cooperation between the parties in the potential areas of cooperation in the spectrum of green hydrogen development and investments in India and the UAE was signed between MNRE and the Ministry of Energy and Infrastructure, Government of the United Arab Emirates on January 13, 2023.