APDCL issues a tender to develop 100 MW of floating solar projects in Assam

The Assam Power Distribution Company Limited (APDCL) has announced a tender to procure energy from 100 MW of grid-connected floating solar projects that will be constructed on various water bodies across the state and operated for 25 years. The bid submission deadline is December 7, 2022.

As per the tender guidelines, to be eligible, the bidders must have commissioned or supervised the commissioning of grid-connected floating solar projects of 20 MW capacity during the last five years. At least one of the projects should be 5 MW or above. Furthermore, the bidders may submit applications for capacities ranging from 5 MW to 100 MW. The quoted tariff must be less than Rs 4.76 per kWh. The winning bidders will have to remit performance security of Rs 2.9 million per MW of allocated capacity.

In October 2022, SJVN Green Energy signed a MoU with the APDCL to develop 1 GW of floating solar projects in Assam. The proposed project is expected to cost Rs 60 billion and will be built across various wetlands throughout the state. In collaboration with APDCL, SJVN Green Energy would be developing the 1 GW floating PV project. SJVN would own 51 per cent of the joint venture and APDCL would own the remaining 49 per cent. This MoU is part of the two-party agreement to develop renewable energy generation in the state.

GET ACCESS TO OUR ARTICLES

Enter your email address