SJVN and APDCL sign MoU for 1 GW floating solar project

SJVN Green Energy signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the Assam Power Distribution Company Limited (APDCL) to develop 1 GW of floating solar projects in Assam. The proposed project is expected to cost Rs 60 billion and will be built across various wetlands throughout the state. In collaboration with APDCL, SJVN Green Energy will be developing the 1 GW floating PV project. SJVN will own 51 per cent of the joint venture and APDCL will own the remaining 49 per cent. This MoU is part of the two-party agreement to develop renewable energy generation in the state.

Recently in September 2022, SJVN expressed interest in developing 5,000 MW of renewable energy projects in Punjab. As per a recent statement from the company, it intends to develop these renewable energy projects across the state by including solar projects, canal top solar projects, and floating solar projects, through the formation of joint ventures and memorandums of understanding.

Also in August 2022, SJVN Limited announced an agreement with Kalpataru Power Transmission Limited. The association seeks to build a 220 KV direct current single zebra transmission line for the 210 MW Luhri hydroelectric project stage-1. This hydroelectric project will span across the Himachal Pradesh districts of Shimla, Mandi, and Kullu.

 

GET ACCESS TO OUR ARTICLES

Enter your email address