Greencoat Renewables acquires a 50 per cent stake in Borkum Riffgrund I

Greencoat Renewables has agreed to purchase a 50 per cent stake in the 312 MW Borkum Riffgrund I offshore wind farm for $383 million in cash. Greencoat Renewables will acquire a 31.5 per cent share from Kirkbi and an 18.5 percent stake from William Demant Invest as part of the acquisition. Greencoat Renewable’s total installed capacity will increase to 993 MW as a result of the agreement. Ørsted holds the remaining 50 per cent of the Borkum Riffgrund I offshore wind farm, which it developed and constructed. 

 

 

GET ACCESS TO OUR ARTICLES

Enter your email address