Dubai floats 900 MW Solar tender for 5th phase of Mohammed bin Rashid Solar Park

The Dubai Electricity and Water Authority (DEWA) has floated a tender for 900 MW of solar PV projects under Phase V of the Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Solar Park, which is in Seih Al-Dahal, located south of the city of Dubai. The deadline to submit bids is August 22, 2019. The winning bidder will own 40 per cent of the company operating the project, while DEWA will own the remaining 60 per cent. The successful bidder must sign an agreement with DEWA to procure the power generated over 25 years. In total, 64 companies have submitted their letters of intent for the tender. The project will be commissioned in stages, starting from the second quarter of 2021.

GET ACCESS TO OUR ARTICLES

Enter your email address