The Solar Energy Corporation of India (SECI) Limited has amended the Request for Selection (RfS) document for interstate transmission network (ISTS)-connected wind-solar hybrid power projects under Tranche-I. The amendments are as follows:
- The project capacity has been reduced from 2,500 MW to 1,200 MW.
- The tariff ceiling has been reduced from Rs 2.93 per kWh to Rs 2.60 per kWh.
- The maximum capacity allowed for bidding has been increased from 500 MW to 600 MW, However, the minimum bid capacity remains the same (200 MW with at least 50 MW of project capacity being proposed at each project site).
- The scheduled period for the commissioning of projects (which is 18 months) will now be calculated from the effective date of the power purchase agreement (PPA) and not from the date of issuance of the Letter of Award (LoA).
- The annual effective capacity utilisation factor has been reduced from the existing 40 per cent to 30 per cent.
Reportedly, SECI made the amendments after receiving feedback from the developers and after due discussions with the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE).