infiswift, an internet of things (IoT) service provider, has announced the launch of swiftPV, a software suite that leverages IoT technology to change how the solar industry uses data to optimise the performance of photovoltaic (PV) systems. This suite of products and services allows PV power plant owners and operators to connect diverse PV assets and gain insights from the data, thereby increasing solar plant performance.
According to Arup Barat, co-chief executive officer and chief commercial officer, infiswift, “Solar owners and operators currently rely on third-party monitoring and SCADA systems to provide data on the operations and performance of plants, but these systems are very costly and inflexible, and limit data access.”
The swiftPV suite of products and services includes blocks that can be used to build a customised solution. The current swiftPV blocks include the following:
- Data ingest: This block helps connect and manage all field devices and cloud feeds regardless of the vendor. This scalable platform ensures that the data is properly routed from its origin to the destination in near-real time.
- Apps: SwiftPV apps use customised mobile and web visual interfaces for each stakeholder in the team.
- Cloud historian: This is a private database with open data access and a flexible set-up to meet all data needs.
- Reports: swiftPV produces reports with tailored recommendations and data that can be updated and customised for delivery.
- PV performance services: Professional engineering support is available to monitor, analyse and interpret complex data.